Two versions at once? CiviCRM versions 3.4.alpha1 and 4.0.alpha1 are available!
The world of open source isn't stagnant, since the stable version 3.3 was released, Drupal 7 and Joomla 1.6 were made available. Since making CiviCRM work with new versions of these two CMSes required some backwards incompatible changes, two versions of CiviCRM have been released:
- 4.0.alpha1 for Drupal 7 and Joomla 1.6
- 3.4.alpha1 for Drupal 6 and Joomla 1.5
The community will be actively testing the new versions over the coming months to iron any issues out but you can have a sneak peak some of the great new features, which include.
- Comprehensive change logging reports for Contact data and Contributions
- Ability to REVERT changes to contact data
- Improvements to extensions mechanism (ability to download extensions automatically)
- A new improved api and other features, sponsored through successful Make it Happen campaigns:
- Permissioning for Joomla! 1.6 (requires CiviCRM 4.0)
- Workflow (rules integration) for CiviMail (Drupal installs)
- Campaign Integration with other CiviCRM components
- Multi-Site and hierarchical groups support for CiviMail
- Add Prev/Next links to dedupe merge screen
- Membership “upsell” - allowing membership type to be changed on renewal while maintaining continuity
- Credit offline and existing contributions to a personal campaign page
More details on the new features are in the What's new in CiviCRM v3.4 / v4.0? post.
CiviCRM is more than a great contacts database, if you want to know more, contact us today.