Circle produces high quality digital solutions for a range of clients large and small in the charity, public and commercial sectors across the UK, Europe and beyond. Most of our work is based on Drupal, Wordpress and CiviCRM - building systems around those platforms, so you will need solid familiarity with at least some of that and experience with APIs.
What is the role?
This is a people centred role: you will be working with the team to maximise their considerable skills and competencies. You’ll be involved in their progression and hiring new members as we grow. We sometimes work with university students on year long placements in industry and you’ll also be involved in managing them.
You will need commercial awareness, stakeholder relationship skills and will be familiar with Agile methodologies. You don’t need to be able to write code, but do need experience of software engineering patterns and practices. Your main strength will be your leadership skill. You will motivate your team members and support them to thrive in their roles
- Oversight of dev team
- Lead the team to deliver successful outcomes
- Ensure processes are followed consistently and adjust when necessary
- Contribute to senior management decision making
- Stay abreast of technology developments and share this knowledge.
General day to day duties will therefore include:
- Organise team meetings
- Tracking and improving performance of the team
- Support personal and professional development
- Ensure performance targets and goals are agreed, measured and reviewed
- Coordinate skills and learning with work opportunities on projects
- Assist in on-boarding new team members and ensuring progression for all.
- Ethical and articulate
- Open and collaborative
- Solution driven
- Able to influence positive change
- Reliable, organised, focused
- Committed to learning.
We are committed to recruiting a person with the right personality and characteristics. We have a strong ethos of equality and diversity.
Knowledge and Understanding:
- Strong knowledge web and CRM application architecture
- Solid understanding of deployment approaches and systems
- Understanding and experience of Agile software development/delivery
Salary and benefits:
- Starting salary will be competitive and in line with experience (£45,000 - £50,000) plus pension.
- Targeted time for personal learning and development.
- Enjoy a flexible work life balance, we try to fit in with our staff's commitments outside the workplace.
- You’ll get 23 days annual holiday increasing with service. Additionally as part of our wish to support staff wellbeing we offer up to 2 days paid leave per year for volunteering.
- Remote but office in Bristol.
Please send a CV and Covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org